Lead

May 29 12 6:04 PM

Tags : :

GLAD TO BE HERE ON THIS FORUM.... I HAVE AN 1984 CROSSFIRE VETTE THAT HAS AN EARLY PRODUTION NUNBER . MY VETTE ONLY HAS 17,000 MILES ITS RED ON RED... I HAVE AN ISUE WITH THE OUTER WEATHER SEALS ON THE DOORS. I JUST PURSED GM WEATHER SEALS THAT CALL FOR 1984 -1996 HOWEVER THERE NOT THE RIGHT ONES FOR MY VETTE .. EVEN GM PART NUMBER SAID THAT THEY ARE. DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT KIND OF SEALS THEY MADE FOR THIS VETTE. THE OLD ONES ARE 1/4 INCH LONGER THAN THE OUTHER ONE THAT GM CALLS FOR. THIS IS WEARD EVEN THE DEALER COULDN'T COME UP WITH ANYTHING. MY CAR RUNS GOOD AND STRONG SO FAR. ITS ALL ORIGINAL EXCEPT THE GOOD YEAR GATOR BACKS. HAD THEM HOWEVER THE TIRES WERE DRY ROTENAND CRACKED . ALSO THEY LEAKED AIR REALY BAD. I REPLACED THEM WITH THE NEW BF GOOD RICH DIRECTIONAL TIRES, SAME SIZE . I WILL POST AN PICTURE LATER ON. ANY ONE WHO KNOWS ABOUT THE WEATHER SEALS crossfireinj/sign0009.gif CONTACT ME. I HOPE SOMEONE OUT THERE KNOWS WHERE AND HOW I CAN GET THEM... THANKS JONNEYONE
Quote    Reply   

Buccaneer

Super Kewl Member

#1 [url]

May 29 12 6:36 PM

Try this place, this is where I bought my complete kit from. They are one of the best or maybe the best weather strip manufacturer. http://www.metrommp.com/ very soft rubber. crossfireinj/icon_smile_big.gif

P.S. Turn off your caps lock, it's the same as yelling. crossfireinj/facepalm.gif

Gilbert, AZ.
user posted image
Renegade Junkie user posted image
Born on date: Thursday, January 21, 1982

Quote    Reply   

JS292

Super Kewl Member

#6 [url]

Jun 5 12 9:22 AM

QUOTE (Buccaneer @ May 29, 2012 06:36 pm)

P.S. Turn off your caps lock, it's the same as yelling. crossfireinj/facepalm.gif

IF YOU WEREN'T SO DAMN OLD AND DEAF WE WOULDN'T HAVE TO YELL AT YA crossfireinj/idiot.gif

Sounds like you have a sweet car, can't wait for pic's. I've run into the same problem with weather stripping before too, in my case I was able to get a good enough fit but it still wasn't the same as what came off.

San Antonio, TX 85 4+3, 71 Firebird 455/TH400

user posted imageuser posted image

WORK HARDER!!! Millions on welfare are counting on you.

Quote    Reply   

Buccaneer

Super Kewl Member

#7 [url]

Jun 5 12 11:35 AM

IF YOU WEREN'T SO DAMN OLD AND DEAF WE WOULDN'T HAVE TO YELL AT YA  crossfireinj/idiot.gif

HENCE THE TURN OFF CAPS COMMENT...ROCKET! I'm neither compared to you. crossfireinj/rolleyes.gif crossfireinj/wheelchair.gif crossfireinj/stirthepot.gif

Gilbert, AZ.
user posted image
Renegade Junkie user posted image
Born on date: Thursday, January 21, 1982

Quote    Reply   

82Vettester

Advanced Member

#8 [url]

Jun 6 12 8:29 PM

crossfireinj/24.gif

Phoenix, Arizona
user posted image

82 Vette: 3.73 gears, Working on a 400 w/ SY-1 and 2.13 TBs, T-56 6-Speed with McLeod dual disk clutch, lots of suspension going on, and a convertible conversion off in the future.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help